Confidence and Career Coach , Entrepreneur , Fearless woman and all rounder awesome chick!
Why we love her:
For her legacy of helping women conquer their demons and find happiness, for her authentic confidence and bubbly smile and fearless spirit!
- Can now stand up paddle board! Woo hoo!
- Helped a client to receive $15K extra in their salary plus bonuses in their journey to changing careers within 3 months.
- I love negotiating, I was offered a $2.5K payrise and scored $7K instead.
- Worked with a client suffering from depression for 7 months and is now happy, relaxed and feel like a totally different person before I met him.
- The ability to change my life around when I was broke, miserable and unworthy to now changing people’s lives. It has been such an incredible journey!
- Certified Rose Development Coach and loving life!
- Hosting my first ever confidence workshop in Sydney!
- Working with eharmony to be featured as a confidence blogger.
- Planning to co host a webinar with School of Attraction for single men to improve their A game.
5 favourite things:
- Sara Lee cakes…*Drools*
- Chocolate-I have a sweet tooth if you haven’t noticed lol.
- Beach destinations.
- My 2018 Lorna Jane diary given by a good gf. It’s filled with goals & affirmations. Love, love, love!
- My love quartz pendant that I bought at the Mind, Body, Spirit festival.
1: What inspired you to teach other women about self-confidence?
The lowest point in my life that I experienced 2 years ago. I was broke in my dress business, I was a great procrastinator because I was living in fear that I wasn’t going to make it, I felt emotionally blocked up-extremely reactive and ashamed and was dating a married man who would never leave his wife. It was a terrible time in my life where everything was not working for me.
When I saw my coach, I realized my life purpose that there are so many people who are in need of this form of healing. People walking through life with negative thoughts and emotional baggage without being aware of it. They are completely asleep to their pain. My purpose is to educate and empower everyday Australians to live a life that they love.
2: Why do you think so many women suffer from lack of self-love and low confidence?
We were never educated at home and in school what it really means to love our self and how important it is during our childhood development right up until now. When our pain dial turns right up that we don’t have love in our life, we seek things like drugs, alcohol, sex, comfort food and retail shopping to evoke pleasure and numb the pain. What we need to do is pay attention to that pain, what is it telling us?
If we can place our focus internally such as engaging in mindful activities like yoga, meditation, listening to spiritual audios, journalling or seeking a coach or mental health professional, this is where we can allow ourselves to heal and learn about self-love and self-confidence.
3: What are your top 3 tips for boosting self-confidence?
My top 3 tips in boosting self-confidence are…
- Loving yourself is the most selfless thing you can do! Repeat an affirmation that you need right now in your life daily. It’s a great way to start your day!
- Be your own bestie! Practise self-compassion and be kind to yourself. It’s ok to have that slice of cake. It’s not going to kill you.
- Thrive on high vibe energy. Try something new or different to shift your energy levels to excitement and happiness such as dancing, aerial yoga, watch a comedy show, etc. The more connected we are, the more we feel good about ourselves.
4: Do you think confidence is more about looks or mindset ?
Great question! It’s a combination of both! If we don’t look good, we don’t feel good and if we don’t feel good, we don’t look good. Improving on our looks is our superficial layer of self confidence. If we put on that LBD and that MAC red lipstick, we look great and we feel great instantly however that level of self confidence doesn’t last long. It wears off like our lipstick.
Mindset on the other hand can supports us or destroys us. It comes down to the thoughts we choose to play out in our lives. These thoughts can make or break our self confidence and affects our self confidence on a much more deeper level where it is mental and emotional rather than physical.
Choose supportive thoughts and throw on an outfit that would light up your day is the ultimate package for a woman’s self confidence
5: How can we overcome the stigma attached to beauty ?
Focus on what we have rather than what we don’t have. As soon as we start comparing ourselves to other people, celebrities and models, we lose touch in who we are and what makes us so special. Don’t be a second grade apple, be that ripe banana.
6: How can women bounce back from rejection?
Rejection totally sucks and I can relate to this. What I learn about rejection is we can choose to be caught up in the victim mindset where we feel disposable and absolute crap that a guy can do that to us or we can choose to see the lesson in that experience. For me the experience was, I did not value and respect my time and that love is not a scarcity, it is abundant. If we can tap into self-love, where our true power lies, rejection is a thing of the past.
7: How can women cultivate self-love?
Taking the time to really look after themselves. Sometimes we can get it wrong with the basics where we are not getting enough sleep, overworking for no reason and procrastinating in taking action in life. The best activities to cultivate self-love are drinking at least 2 L of water, 8 hours of sleep for our bodies to recover, meditation or yoga to engage with inner peace and time in nature on our lunch breaks if not before or after work so we can take the time to appreciate the little things in life.
8: What would be your dating tip to women looking for love?
Wherever you are in this journey, just remember that you are worthy of love 🙂
9: What does success mean/ represent to you?
Success in the past meant to me was money and wealth. In my dress business, I was chasing just that because I was brought up in a difficult childhood and culture where money correlates to social status, face and power.
What success means to me now is being aligned with my life purpose. To have a crystal clear vision in what I want to get out of life, the thought of the outcome is what gives me meaning and significance to my life. That energy of alignment inspires me to do more and motivates me to take action daily in working towards that vision.
10: What is one piece of advice you would give your younger self if you could go back in time?
Love myself first. That’s all that matters and nothing else.
Originally posted 2017-11-24 22:42:01.